ONE, PLEASE! MARION COTILLARD WERKS THE HELL OUT OF NOT-DIOR FOR A CHANGE

Ahhh, that hits the spot.


Praise the Gods for Marion Cotillard and her effortless day-to-night style. I cannot stamp my feet loud enough about how well this one (or a very savvy stylist) picks a dress that works for evening but isn't a pile of sequins. That is why she works so well as a face of Dior. This easy glamour is the essence of the house.

For the Critics' Choice Movie Awards was a delicious lace kicky thing with multicoloured applique florals by Zuhair Murad from his Fall 2012 Couture collection.


I do love to see a great runway look literally walk onto the red carpet with same effect.

Fresh off the announcement of her Oscar snub, the Rust & Bone star smoothed that hair down, put her game face on and wowed the crowds. She's already got a golden statuette, and seems like the gracious sort so I doubt it was that much of a downer.


Where this look slightly trips for me is in the accessories. It's smart not to overwhelm a dress this detailed with over-the-top shoes or bag, and I think the nude Jimmy Choo sandals work here, but the nude clutch has got to go. It's so very day. A metallic would have been perfect to lift the ensemble a touch.

Still Marion, you brought it, and werked it.

This means Dior for the Globes, mark my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment