OSCAR NOMINATIONS: EMMA STONE DRESSES 'DAY' FOR MIDDLE-OF-THE-NIGHT ANNOUNCEMENT

I want to roll my eyes at Emma Stone's look for the long-awaited Oscar nomination announcements today. 


I'll refrain from making eyes, given that she showed up for work before 5:30am PST to do the honours with the ceremony's host Seth McFarlane.



I won't hold back my words, however. Stone wore a take on the classic '50s shirtwaist dress by  Andrew Gn that just looked SO summery for a January event - not to mention the contrasting black accessories giving the white fabric a leg-up in washing her out. I get that it's the Oscars and there's a certain expectation to do the whole 'old Hollywood' thing, but a splash of colour was required to lift that skin tone and honeyed 'do in this dark room.



The thing is that none of the above would have been an issue if the event was held outdoors. Outside in the light of day (which granted hadn't started yet) this dress would have lightened up. As it is she looks like a caged dove in a dark room. 

So lesson learned - a day look worn in the early morning at an event that looks like it's night-time looks ridiculous.


2 comments: